Our experienced staff can help you with the survey design, to ensure the best outcomes are achieved relative to your needs. Data collection and reporting methods can be customised to suit your individual requirements and we are able to print all interview materials and provide quick turnaround of reports.
Austraffic has superior analysis tools to produce accurate data and deliver meaningful reports.
- Pedestrian behaviour and attitudinal interview surveys
- Satisfaction with amenities
- Pedestrian Counts and Classifications
- Road usage in surrounding area
- Environmental observations
- Public transport usage
- Travel time and mode of transport
- Parking Surveys
Data can be utilised to
- Adopt strategies and tactics which appeal to the motivations/attitudes of shoppers/users or potential shoppers/users
- Monitor the impact of initiatives pre- and post-implementation
- Determine shopper/user trip patterns, suburbs of origin and destination
- Determine the prevalence of litter, noise or anti-social behaviour.
Video surveying techniques can determine movement of up to 99% of survey events at survey locations, 24 hours a day (dependent on site conditions).
Using Bluetooth technology we are able to provide a broader based high sampling method of collecting device movement between survey location.
Mixed with other survey solutions this is an extremely good methodology for data collection particularly over extended periods of time, weeks or months verses days.
Permanent Monitoring Solutions
Permanent monitoring solutions can be employed to collect long term data on vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian traffic.
Austraffic is able to customise many elements to suit your environmental, technical and budgetary needs.
- Pavement sensors: inductive loop, fibre optics, treadle and piezo.
- Pedestrian sensors: passive infra red (PIR), retro-reflective beams, pressure mats, video.
- Power supply: permanent, solar, battery or a combination.
- Communication with the stations: direct connection, radio modem, 3G/4G SIM, ADSL.
- Sensor station housing
Austraffic has installed and undertaken the long term maintenance and monitoring of many permanent monitoring stations across Australia, including vehicle monitoring at Melbourne Airport, and pedestrian monitoring for a major Australian retailer.